Growers Garden understands that the information you trust us with is important to you, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how, when and why we collect your personal information during the course of providing services to you, under what circumstances we may disclose your personal information to others, and how we keep it secure.
- We only collect personal information about you where it is completely necessary or you have consented, and we ensure that we only collect information that we need.
- We will not send you marketing material unless you have given us explicit permission to do so.
- We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We use third party suppliers to help us provide an excellent service to you. Where we share personal information with those suppliers, we have the appropriate contracts or controls in place, which will assess the security of their processing arrangements.
- We will protect your personal information with an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures.
- We record and monitor our communications with you to protect you and us, for the reasons listed in Section 3.
- You have rights to your information. These are detailed in Section 9.
- We will endeavour to keep your personal information only for as long as we have to.
- If you have a complaint, please see how to contact us in Section 11.
- If you have any questions about how we process your information, please see how to contact us in Section 13.
1. What information do we collect about you?
We need information about you to provide any contracted services or to send you information where you have specifically Opted in to receive that information. This includes personal information about you such as:
- Email address
Where necessary, we may also collect the following information:
- Postal Address
- Telephone number
- Marital status
- Information about family/household/dependants
2. Why we use the information about you?
We collect your personal information for a number of reasons: so we can provide you with information you have requested, improve the products and services we offer, and inform you of other products you may be interested in. To process your information we rely mainly on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: The use of your information is necessary to perform the contract that you have with us.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the most suitable service, website experience, emails or newsletters, or to improve and promote our products and services, along with administrative, fraud prevention and detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for for direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time, by changing your subscription preferences or contacting us at the address provided at the end of this Policy.
3. How will we use the information about you?
We use the personal information we collect for a number of reasons. These include:
- To give you advice or guidance.
- To service your policy and any claims you make.
- Where necessary, we’ll use your information to verify your identity.
- For fraud and financial crime prevention and detection, and for legal purposes where we may need to use your information to investigate or respond to legal disputes, regulatory investigations or for compliance purposes.
- We may also use your personal information to ensure we comply with legal and regulatory requirements. This includes internal audits, monitoring and assurance activities to examine and evaluate the systems and controls within Growers Garden.
- We also use your information to help us improve our products and services, our prices and our customer experience through analytics, reporting and testing.
- We may use your information to contact you, if we need to inform you of any changes to the service we provide to you.
- We use credit reference agencies, to help us decide whether to offer services to potential customers. For more details, see Section 5
- For general communications such as industry insights and news.
- Your data may be combined with publicly available information and third party market research to enable us to understand your lifestyle segmentation, demographics and purchasing habits.
- We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research.
- If you give us permission, we will collect information from you about your experience with Growers Garden to use as a case study. You will be provided with a copy of this article and will have the right to confirm you are happy with any wording before it is published. This information may be circulated in one of our publications, or shared with the press. It may include: – Names and titles – Photographs – Videos
4. Information that we share
We may have to share your information with third party service providers in certain circumstances:
- Where we need to share the data with our carefully selected partners to deliver a service to you
- Where required by law, we will share your information with third parties such as law enforcement agencies and regulatory or Government bodies. Failing to do so could result in fines or sanctions for Growers Garden
- There are some instances where we need to share your information with third parties to help us detect and prevent criminal or fraudulent activities
- Where fulfilling our contractual obligations to you requires it, we will share your information with third parties.
- We will share your information with third party IT providers who support us in hosting, transferring, processing, testing and problem resolving. This enables us to provide you the services and products you need. We may also share information with third party audit companies providing expertise and assurance over our processes and controls
- In order to deliver our contracted services to you, we will share your information with third party printers, distributers, and courier services
- If you enter one of our social media competitions, or contact Growers Garden through social media, your information will be shared with our social media management platform providers
- We may also share your information with third party organisations who help us to research and analyse our product and service offerings, so that we can continue to provide you with the best possible service. You may opt out of this by contacting us using the details provided at the end of this Policy.
We would like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. We will collect your information for marketing purposes, if you agree, when you contact us, enter into a competition or provide your personal information through the Growers Garden website. To ensure that we keep our marketing communications relevant and useful to you, we will share your data with carefully selected third party marketing analytics organisations for customer profiling. If you enter one of our competitions, we will collect your information in order to randomly select a winner and send out their prize. To stop us contacting you for marketing write to Marketing Department, Growers Garden.
6. Information security
We work hard to keep your data safe. We use an appropriate combination of technical and organizational measures to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information at all times. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy.
7. Transferring your information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
In order to provide our services, the information you give us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. When we do transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we ensure that any party with access to your information has implemented the necessary security and privacy measures to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and confidential as outlined in this Policy.
8. Information we collect through your use of our websites
9. Your individual rights
You have a number of rights with regards to the personal information that we hold about you, which you will have provided as part of contacting us or taking up a service with us. Right of Access – You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We will provide you with this information within one month of receiving your request and verifying your identity. If the request is complex, we may extend the response time. We will inform you if this is the case and explain why. Right to Rectification – We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct, update or remove information you think is inaccurate or incomplete, and we ask that you inform us promptly of any changes to your circumstances. Right to Erasure – You may also ask us to erase your personal information from our systems, in certain circumstances. There are some specific circumstances where the right to erasure does not apply and we are permitted to hold your data. We will explain the reason for this at the time, should this occur. Right to Data Portability – You may also ask us to move, or ‘port’, your personal information to another organization electronically. We will only port personal information you have provided to us, that we have processed based on your consent or performance of a contract, or that has been processed automatically. We will port your personal information without charge and within one month, where technically feasible. Right to Restricting processing – You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. We will inform our third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal data that they must also restrict processing. We will inform you when the restriction on processing your personal data ends. If you would like to exercise these rights, please write to us, using the details provided at the end of this Policy, outlining your specific request.
10. Retaining your data
Growers Garden, and the information we collect about you, are subject to various regulatory and legislative requirements. In addition, we will endeavor not to keep your personal information for longer than we have to for us to fulfill our obligations to you. Where it is not possible for us to delete your data, we will ensure the appropriate security and organizational measures are put in place to protect the use of your information.
We work hard to ensure that your personal information is treated safely and securely. However, if you have a complaint, write to us using the details provided at the end of this Policy. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
13. Who to contact in relation to processing of personal information at Growers Garden
Growers Garden controls the processing of personal data on its systems. If you would like to discuss anything in relation to this policy or how we handle your personal information, you can write to us at: Growers Garden Privacy, Growers Garden Limited, Prestonhall Industrial Estate, Cupar, Fife, KY15 4RD. You can also talk to a member of the team by calling 07860 109 773.